Monday, April 22, 2013

Weeding is Done!



My garden is finally weed free!  Tumbling Girl helped me weed the garden today (well, at least she tried), and we got the garden all weeded!

The next step will be to put up the new fence.  My hubby has been searching Craigslist for our fencing materials (for free!), and we should have enough.  He nailed wood planks together to make the fence.  For the last 2 years, we have had chicken wire attached to wood posts.  The chicken wire has bent due to kids and dogs leaning on it, so we decided to build a wooden fence around the garden, instead.


After the fence is around the garden, I have to rake all the rocks to where I want them and buy more soil to mix in the dirt.  Unfortunately, the dirt here is mostly rocks, so I have to buy soil for the garden each year after I'm done weeding.

I can't wait to start planting!

Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment