Sunday, April 28, 2013

Angry Birds Raingutter Regatta Boat





Tomorrow is my son's Raingutter Regatta for Cub Scouts.  Cub decided that he wanted an Angry Birds theme for his boat and that the bird that orange bird that inflates itself is his favorite.  He painted the boat with my help and he picked out the birds to be drawn on the sail.  He's only 6 years old, so I drew and colored them.

The sail is made of a really waxy paper.  Surprisingly, the cheap crayons that we probably bought from the dollar store showed up better than the Crayola crayons.  That's why some of the colors are more bold.  I was pretty happy with the color of the boat.  All we had on hand were some water-based finger paints.  Next year, I will try to buy some acrylic or another type of paint.  It is the end of the month, so money's a little tight.  I really do enjoy projects where I'm forced to make do with what is on-hand, though, and it teaches the kids to come up with creative solutions.

I hope his race goes well tomorrow!  I'm sure Cub will be happy with his boat, regardless, since he designed it.

Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment