Monday, April 15, 2013

Blueberry-Lemon Zest-Walnut Muffins and Blueberry Ice Cubes

I'm really on a kick right now with making double batches of food and freezing the extra portion.  Today, I used a bag of thawed blueberries to make blueberry-lemon zest-walnut muffins.  I'm sure my hubby will steal one of the platefuls to bring to work and share with his co-workers.




I saved the juice and am freezing into ice cubes to add to iced tea later this summer.  I love adding flavor to water and tea, but don't like sweet drinks much.  The blueberry flavor will be great in iced tea later!



This was a really fun family activity (well, minus my son, Cub Scout, as he was at school).  I had planned on making it with just my daughter, Tumbling Girl, but my hubby wanted to join in on the fun.  He grated the lemon zest for us.  I had never done this.  It was a good thing that he did.  I would have used a regular cheese grater.

As always, I see room for improvement in my baking.  Next time, I will probably squeeze some of the lemon juice in the muffins.  Overall, we were all happy with the muffins.

Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment