Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Starting a Girl Scout Troop

My daughter, K, will be 5-years-old this summer, so she'll be old enough to join Girl Scouts.  There are few troops in this area, so I am working on starting one, so that she can be a part of it.  Through trying to get the few people that I know with daughters around my girl's age, I found that a girl that I went to high school with would be interested in becoming a co-leader.  I still needed one, so that is great news.

If I can get at least 4 more girls interested in joining, I can register a troop.  It looks like I will be able to easily meet this requirement.  I spent most of yesterday emailing and sending message on Facebook to people that I know with younger daughters, and most of them said that they would be interested.  Plus, if I can get a troop registered by mid-April, they will get a cookie bonus next year.  I have no idea what that means, but it sounds exciting.  I am glad that my daughter will be able to participate in a troop.  At this age, you get so much more out of the Girl Scout experience by being in a troop.

I will update on the progress!

Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment