Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cub Scouts Pet Care Belt Loop and Pin





Over my son's winter break from school, I began helping him earn his Pet Care Belt Loop and he is nearly done with the Pin.  I took him to our pets' veterinarian, where he took a tour and interviewed the veterinarian.  He got to help give an examination to a kitten, which he loved!  Surprisingly, he didn't really care for looking at the x-rays.  He really loves animals, so I thought that he'd be more interested in learning about animal physiology.  For part of his Pin, he gave a short presentation to his den about guinea pigs.  We have 4 of them, and the kids help out as much as they can, so he's pretty knowledgeable about them.  I can't wait until he is awarded these!  He has worked very hard, and I hope he'll continue being interested in scouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment