Sunday, October 6, 2013

Re-Painting my Daughter's Headboard

I decided to re-paint my daughter's headboard.  I am slowly but surely re-decorating the kids' bedrooms, and this was the next phase of decorating hers.  The hubby had put up a faux-canopy, but she's still so young and plays so rough that she it came down and the fabric tore.


I decided that giving her headboard a new look would be more appropriate.  Plus, she had drawn on it before with permanent marker.  Hopefully, this will deter her from doing that again, as well.

 Here was her headboard before:



I was a little lazy and scrubbed at it with soap and a rough rag, instead of completely peeling the old paint and sanding it.  The headboard is made of plywood, after all.

Here is a picture of the headboard with the first coat of paint:


I decided that since she is only 5 years old and my only daughter, that I would add some glitter.  I used purple and silver glitter in the paint.  It still wasn't sparkly enough, so I added silver and contrasting green glitter on top of the wet paint.





I painted it outside on the driveway, but heard that it is supposed to rain tonight, so it is finishing drying in the living room tonight.  When it completely dry, I will move it into her room.  My next step of their re-redecorating projects will be to get curtain rods and make curtains.  I have matching fabrics for both of their rooms.

Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment