Friday, October 11, 2013

First Official Girl Scout Meeting

We had our first "official" Girl Scout meeting this week.  I say "official" because getting this troop to become "official" is still a work in progress.  My daughter and I are the only 2 that have registered as members.  I need my co-leaders and the rest of the girls to do the same.  We've been trying to get this started since March of last year, so it's a little disheartening.

Anyway, the first meeting went well.  Because we're still working on getting things going, no one has their handbooks or Journey books yet.  I managed to find digital copies online to use for now.  To introduce them to the Promise and Law, I bought foam dots at the dollar store and printed out the Promise and Law and glued it to each side.  I made a necklace/decoration for them.



We had snack during announcements.  I love Fall and usually have friends and family over to do caramel apples.  We may still do that later.  For snack, I cut up green apple slices and heated up caramel dip.  I also bought Halloween colored sprinkles so the girls could decorated their slices if they liked.


We have decided that we'll do 2 meetings per month, plus one craft night.  My co-leaders work, so their time is pretty limited.  We can only meet for an hour for each meeting.  I bought the girls little notepads for things that come to mind in between meetings.  They were only 27 cents each at Walmart!


Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment