Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-Ups, Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, and Mashed Potatoes

My kids like things better when they're jazzed up a little.  I love chicken cordon bleu.  So, to take it a little more appealing for them, I cut the chicken into fillets and roll them up.  I hold them in place with toothpicks, then dip it in egg and coat with bread crumbs.  Last time I made them, I used Panko crumbs and really liked it.  The bread crumbs worked fine, though.  I then baked them for a half an hour.






I halved the small Brussels Sprouts and quartered the bigger ones.  I fried bacon while I did this.  This time, I used turkey bacon just because that's what I keep on hand for breakfast. I set aside the bacon and put in the sprouts.  I added small amounts of broth and water to steam the sprouts and keep them from burning and sticking to the pan.  When they were almost done, I crumbled the bacon and added it.  I have also added onion in the past.  I really enjoy it, but the hubby and kids don't.



I also made mashed potatoes to go with dinner.  All I had on hand was boxed mashed potatoes, so that's what I used.

It turned out to be a good meal with items that I mostly had on hand!


Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment