Saturday, February 2, 2013

Getting my Closet Organized

Here is my closet before I cleaned it:


When I met my husband, I was a size 8/10.  Let's just say that I'm not that size at the moment.  We've been together for nearly 8 years and have 2 kids. My mother-in-law has lost a lot of weight over the last 3 years and has given me the clothes that have gotten too small for her.  She has a good job and can afford to shop at nicer places, instead of Walmart, which is all I can afford.  She is also nearly 6 inches shorter than I.  Even if I lose the weight and get down to my goal weight, I am still tall enough that I really do need longer clothing to fit me the way that I like.  I decided to get rid of most of these clothes, as most of them didn't fit me the way that I like.

I sorted out the clothes by size and have been trying to sell them for really cheap on Craigslist to make some extra money.  I haven't had any luck yet, as everyone that has contacted me has flaked out.  I will try again for another week, and then I will donate them to a clothing bank.  If I can't sell them, I'd rather they go to someone in need for free.  I support Goodwill and go there myself, but I really have been fortunate enough to get help over the years and prefer to donate items that will be given away for free.

Here is my closet now.  I have kept a couple of boxes.  As I (hopefully) lose weight, I will be able to sort out more of the clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment