Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scrubbing the Algae/Mold off of the side of my House

I live in a double wide mobile home.  For the last year, I have noticed that the siding was starting to grow green algae or mold or something along the front of the house.  I got tired of looking at it, so I spent about 5 hours today scrubbing the whole front side of the house.

This is what it looked like before:





This was an in-progress shot:


I mixed together:  water, a little bleach, and a little laundry soap together in a bucket and scrubbed with a brush with a long handle.  Luckily, the driveway elevates up toward the house, so I was able to scrub nearly the entire house myself.  My husband is half of a foot taller, so he had to touch up a couple of higher spots.

I have a raised flower bed next to the house and wanted to protect the flowers from the bleachy soapy run off.  I saved an old frog plastic shower curtain just in case I ever needed it and today was the day for it.  I covered the plants with the the shower curtain to protect them.



Here are the "after" pics:








Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment