Saturday, June 15, 2013

Weekend in Spokane

Last weekend, my family and I went across the state for my husband's cousin's high school graduation.  It is so crazy to think that she is graduating already!  7 years ago, she was the flower girl/ring bearer in my wedding!



It was a very fun weekend and I got to meet some of my hubby's family that our kids and I had never met before!  We stayed (thanks to my mother-in-law!) at the Oxford Inn Suites.  I found it pretty easy to make good dietary choices on vacation.  My family and I swam every morning.  There was also a sauna and exercise room, though I didn't get to try either.  I've never been in a sauna, though I'd love to try one someday.  The weekend was very full and busy with family get-togethers, so there wasn't much down time.

The hotel was right by the Spokane River.  My family and I took a nature walk the first morning and went upstream.  We saw these rodents that made a home in some cracked cement.  They even stood up to see us.  I've never seen a rodent like these, so had no idea what they were.  We also walked on a bridge overlooking the river.  Gonzaga University was also along that trail.  The campus there is beautiful with all of the old buildings!





The second day, nearly the entire extended family joined us and we walked to a park on the other side of the river.  We went on the carousel and went in the water fountain there.  I liked that there was so much to do within walking distance of the hotel!

There was this metal goat statue that had vacuum-type suction on the nose/mouth area and would inhale bits of whatever that you put in your hand up to it.  My daughter was afraid of it, but my son wasn't.






It was a very fun trip!  The only thing missing was that I didn't get to hike up to see the horse statues at Scenic View.  It was so windy!  I got out of the car to get a better picture of the horses, but we just didn't feel safe enough to attempt the hike up the ridge.


Thanks for reading!

 - Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment