Friday, November 27, 2015

Girl Scout Bridging Ceremony

My troop had their second Bridging Ceremony this summer and it was very successful!  We had a great turn out.  All of the girls that bridged were in attendance, along with their families.  Nearly all of the non-bridging Girl Scouts also attended and received their final awards of the year and their membership star for the year.

We met at a local park and bridged over a wooden bridge by a scenic waterfall at a local park.  For the Daisy that bridged to Brownies, I found a poem online and attached it to a box of brownie mix.  For the two bridging Brownies, I found a cute cover for Junior Mints.  The bridging girls also received a certificate.




My husband made and decorated the Bridging cupcakes.  I think that they turned out great!  He made the design himself.



My daughter even did her first good deed after the Bridging Ceremony!  We had way too many cupcakes leftover.  My two kids went home with upset tummies after being in the hot sun and having junk food and sugar during the ceremony.  So, we donated the rest of the cupcakes to the local fire station.


It was a great first Bridging Ceremony for most of the girls!  I can't wait to see what they choose for the end of the year ceremony this year.  It will be interesting, as we currently have no girls that are due to bridge.

Thanks for reading!

 ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment